Our website is only intended for users who are 18 years of age or older and no one under age 18 may provide any information to or on our website. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 18. If you believe we have any information from or about a minor, please contact us as set forth in Section 13.
SECTION 1 – INFORMATION WE COLLECTIn order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal or identifying information about you, your company, practice and/or hospital, and others. If we are not provided with all the personal or company information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services. For purposes of this policy, “personal information” includes information that you provide or we collect related to yourself individually and in any representative capacity for any company, practice or hospital.
The type of information we collect includes names, addresses and other contact details, credit card and debit card information (secured using industry-standard technology), other background information about your company, practice and/or hospital, including credit worthiness, and records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us.
SECTION 2 – HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATIONGenerally, we collect personal information from an individual by his or her interaction with our website or personnel. For example, when you send us a message through our website, by email or any other way.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable precautions to make sure your personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed or altered after we receive it, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our website, by email or other mobile devices. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
SECTION 3 – HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
SECTION 4 – PURPOSE OF COLLECTIONWe collect personal information so we can:
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives
- inform you or others of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you or them
- inform you or others about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services
- provide you or others with information about offers or other benefits that may become available
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services
- carry out billing and/or debt recovery activities
- carry out our management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services
SECTION 5 – USE AND DISCLOSUREWe use and disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services.
Except where indicated above, we will not use or disclose personal information unless:
- the individual concerned has consented to the use and disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to our subsidiaries, affiliates or a related body corporate; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorized by or under law.
SECTION 6 – MARKETINGWe may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product and service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
Those who prefer not to receive information about our products and services can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us, using the details listed below.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service to an individual, unless individuals have expressly consented to that disclosure.
SECTION 7 – ACCESSIf at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us, using the details listed below. However, we may deny your request for access where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency.
SECTION 8 – QUALITY & CORRECTIONAt all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you or your company, practice and/or hospital is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
SECTION 9 – WEBSITE & COOKIESTo ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We do not use this technology to access any personal information of a user in our records and a user cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
SECTION 11 – COMPLAINTSWe are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy or any applicable privacy law, please contact us, using the details listed below, so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
SECTION 12 – DISCLOSURE TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTSWe are likely to disclose personal information to our related entities, including those in Australia and the USA.
SECTION 13 – CONTACT USIf you require more detailed information about our information handling practices or if you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at:Privacy Officer
Next Science Limited
We will endeavor to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.